Nothing will improve your bottom line, professionally and personally, more consistently than being able to negotiate effectively. Good negotiators are more satisfied and less stressed at work. A small difference in negotiating ability can make a huge impact on your results.
This highly interactive and hands-on workshop provides a mixture of the latest theories and the practical tools to enable you to substantially upgrade your negotiation skills. This is probably the seminar with the best Return on Investment: on average, participants report a 20% improvement of their negotiation outcomes.
As a result of this workshop, participants will learn frameworks and have templates to effectively manage external and internal negotiations, and gain valuable real negotiating practice.
By the end of these two days, you will be able to:
- PREPARE. Effectively analyse and prepare a negotiation using a structured approach
- APPLY. Understand and apply a variety of negotiation strategies, techniques and approaches with an immediate impact on your effectiveness as a negotiator
- GROW CONFIDENCE. Have increased confidence in your negotiation skills
- KNOW THE OTHER PARTY BETTER. Improve your understanding and predictions of people’s behaviours in negotiations
- PLAN FURTHER. Have a personal plan to further develop your negotiation skills
Negotiation is a performance skill. YOU CAN LEARN IT! This action-learning workshop is based on a mix of specific real life negotiation simulations, team exercises and theoretical concepts. The course is designed to address a broad spectrum of negotiation problems that are faced by managers and professionals, in any industry. You will have the opportunity to practice in a low risk environment and to observe yourself and others while negotiating. Video-camera is used to review and comment role plays. Participants are encouraged to share own work experiences and challenges. Cross-learning among participants is intensively facilitated.
Key topics of the 2-day program
- Experiencing some irrational tendencies in negotiation
- Understanding the other party
- Researching and preparing ahead of negotiation (fast and effective preparation)
- Power analysis and the evolution of both parties' BATNA (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement)
- Creating and claiming value
- Emotions shape negotiations
- Nonverbal communication
- Hints to detect a lie at the negotiating table
- Team negotiations
- Balancing advocacy with inquiry
- The power of listening
- Who should make the first offer and the effective use of anchoring
- Issue by issue vs. package deals
- Continuing to develop your skills
Today it is hard to find a job that does not involve some form of negotiation. This workshop is structured to best serve people with at least 5 years of professional experience and with some prior experience in negotiation. Typical audience include professionals that negotiate externally as part of their job (Sales, Procurement, M&A, Alliance Management, Legal, Entrepreneurs), or are engaged in frequent internal negotiations (budgets, project deliverables and timelines, etc.). Since negotiation is a core leadership competency, this workshop is relevant also for senior executives that want to upgrade their internal and external negotiation skills.
- A structured approach for preparing internal and external negotiations
- Improved awareness of the impact your behaviour has on others and how to use this to your advantage
- Increased ability to drive value in your negotiations
- Personal feedback from the lecturer and peers that helps identifying your strengths and improvement areas
- A healthy dose of humour and fun
- A complete learning experience, including pre-work and post workshop assessment
- UNIQUE: participants are invited on a regular basis, free of charge, to attend webinars from the lecturer on advanced negotiation topics (dealing with difficult people, cross-cultural negotiations, etc.) to continue the learning journey
We can benefit from one of the few lecturers in Europe that offers over 20 years of real life negotiation experience and a very strong academic background at leading Business Schools.